The Residents of Kakuri have condemned the rumour going around in mostly southern blogs and news media claiming that a Man, Francis Emmanuel had been attacked for ‘not fasting’.
below is the full text of the statement released by the Kakuri Dev Assoc:
PRESS RELEASE BY KAKURI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION OVER THE FALSE ALLEGATION GOING ROUND THE COUNTRY AND BEYOND.
1. We wish to inform Kaduna Citizens and beyond that there was never an incidence that occurred in Kakuri where a Christian was stabbed because he was not fasting.
2. We wish to state the fact that Francis Emmanuel popularly known as IBOYI is a residence of Kakuri.
3. From our investigation under this community platform, we have gotten all the facts as to what lead to the incidence where Francis Emmanuel (IBOYI) was stabbed.
4. This entire issue is a case of a quarrel that ensued between some young men from Makera community and IBOYI who is from Kakuri. All the parties are not responsible people in the society.
5. What actually happened was; the group came and entered a road side drinking joint along Sokoto by Gora junction. The group were said to have come looking for their brother but did not find him.
6. They had several exchange of words with IBOYI who has finished drinking and was sitting eating Opka. IBOYI told them to leave the place and they responded by saying they didn’t come to see him. He threatened to deal with them if they don’t leave. He pulled out a knife with the intention of stabbing one of the gang member but missed and one of the gang attempted to hold the knife but cut his hand in the process.
7. A witness Nasiru Abubakar was busy trying to pushed away the gang to a nearby transformer but he couldn’t make it alone as the number where over powered him and no one on the street came to help him separate the parties. In the process one of the gang member tried to attack IBOYI with a scissors and Nasiru blocked him but another one had already taken the knife from IBOYI’s hand and stabbed him severally.
8. A civilian JTF came to the scene which made the gang to run away. He was the one that took IBOYI to the hospital.
9. The star witness Nasiru Abubakar is a very close friend of IBOYI and was the one who made great effort in separating the incidence and had confirmed the incidence has nothing to do with religion or Fasting as was reported in the media.
10. It is unfortunate that some people misguided the public on the real story as to what had happened.
11. It is also unfortunate that efforts were not adequately made to reach out to the community leaders to find out the exact story before going on air.
12. We have all evidence and witness which we would make available to counter the lies going round.
13. We entirely condemn this act and support the security agencies to fish out the criminals and make a very good investigation to find out the exact story of the incidence. We also wish to plead on the security agencies to make the investigations public so that the true reflection what happened would be made public.
14. We have held an Inter Faith town hall meeting on Saturday about the incidence and the above outlines is a true reflection of our community over the incidence.
15. We call on the good people of Kakuri and beyond to remain peaceful and report any act of breach of law and order immediately to the appropriate authority.
KAKURI COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION.